Monday, January 19, 2015

I'm back! What happened to the past eleven months??

Hi!  I am really back on my blog.  For those of you who follow this blog (and those who don't), I am really going to try again!

Yes, LOTS has happened since I last posted to the blog....

The biggest news of 2014, besides all of our travels, was the wedding of our daughter, Amanda, to Josh Trainer.  That big bit of news requires a post all to itself.  Maybe, someday...

Steve & I are finding out that we are REALLY adapting to this new lifestyle.  In 2014, we managed to be gone from home for about a total of four and a half months, either in the LAZY DAZE motorhome or car camping or backpacking.  Aside from our big trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico, for the wedding, most of our trips were to Utah, Colorado and Arizona.

Our plan to spend as much time in Arizona in the Winter in the Lazy Daze has really turned out to be a huge success.  I was asking Steve today how many square feet we share in the Lazy Daze.  Answer - 210 sq. ft.  So, as we spend most of that time in there together, we have definitely decided that this "lifestyle" wouldn't be for everyone.  You really have to like your spouse/traveling companion to be able to spend this much time together in a small RV.  So far, it is working for us.  It helps, too, that we have many of the same hobbies and interests.  We spend LOTS of time hiking, mountain biking, visiting friends and family.  We both like to read and I love to take lots of pictures.

Last week we spent the entire week at McDowell Mountain Regional Park.  We had spent a week there in January 2014 and liked it so much, we decided to go there again this year.  It is an amazing County Park.  The campground is VERY nice.  We had an incredible campsite in the south loop and our views were amazing.  We looked south to Fountain Hills and had views of the Superstition Mountains and Weavers Needle to the east.  McDowell Mountain is known for all their incredible mountain bike trails.  We rode everyday and when we weren't riding, we were hiking.  We have freinds in Rio Verde and my sister lives in Scottsdale, so McDowell Mountain is close to both those places.  We also had friends from Tucson come and camp with us.  Life is never dull, hanging out in the Lazy Daze!

This week we are staying at another of our favorite campgrounds - Lost Dutchman State Park in Apache Junction, AZ.  We stay here on a regular basis.  We love the campground, the hiking in the Superstitions and we are close to our many friends who live in Mesa and Apache Junction.  More and more of our friends are moving to Arizona or are coming down for the Winter months.  We are finding that we could spend almost every day hiking, biking and visiting friends and family.

We are planning all of our trips for the rest of 2015.  We have our usual favorite places to visit in Colorado, Utah and Arizona.  We are thinking we might go to Canada in August this year in the Lazy Daze and visit some of the Canadian National Parks.

The more we travel, the more we "want to be out here".  Many of our friends tell us that we need to be doing all this traveling, hiking and biking while we still can.  Fortunately, we are still able!

OK.... this is my first time to post to the blog from my iPad.  Always in the past, I posted from my laptop and used pictures from my camera uploaded to Picasa.  I have been taking pictures with my camera, but my laptop is at home, so I haven't uploaded them yet.  I am hoping I can add pictures from my iPhone to this blog post.  We shall see.

If any of you read this and have blogs of your own, I would appreciate feedback on how you write and post pictures.  MANY of you see all my photos on Facebook, but that isn't true for all of you.

PS  It's 5:30 PM, the sun is setting, Steve is washing the Lazy Daze, I am writing this blog, and it is time for some wine.  Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment