Friday, January 30, 2015

Snowshoe hike to Nymph, Dream, and Emerald Lakes

I am now back in Colorado.  I love the desert and I love Colorado.  I feel very fortunate that I am able to spend so much time exploring all the places we love to go in Colorado, Utah and Arizona.  

On Thursday, January 29th, my brother, sister, and I did a nice snowshoe hike in Rocky Mountain National Park.  We parked at Bear Lake.  The parking lot was almost empty!  This is the parking lot that is always FULL in the summer!  We snowshoed to Nymph, Dream and Emerald lakes.  It was a gorgeous day for snowshoeing.  We had clouds, some sun, some blue sky and NO wind.  For any of you who have ever spent time In RMNP, it is always such a nice surprise to have a calm/no wind day.  
It was nice to be outside, enjoying the weather and scenery, and a great way to celebrate my sister's birthday.  Our parents loved Rocky Mountain National Park.  We spent many of our summer vacations in Colorado and hiked many of the trails in RMNP.  I never get tired of all the different trails in the Park.  Over the many years of hiking, I think I have hiked most of them.  Yes, I definitely have my favorites!  

No comments:

Post a Comment