Monday, January 16, 2012

Random thoughts




I know that when I started this blog I wanted it to be about our adventures.  Sometimes I think our life is a big adventure.  Yesterday we spent some time hiking in the foothills by Boulder with Stefan and Rachael.  The day wasn't as pretty as I would have liked ~ not the typical blue sky, sunny Colorado day that I LOVE!  It was cloudy, but warm.  We started at the NCAR parking lot and hiked west towards the Flatirons and Fern Canyon and Bear Peak.  The trail was muddy.  I was amazed how many people were out hiking and running the trails.  The best part of the hike was walking and talking to Rachael and Stefan.  Steve & I love our kids!  I have loved every stage of their lives, but I honestly really like having "adult" kids now.  They are amazing and really fun to "hang out" with!  I never thought we would have any kids who would ever like to hike.  We joke alot about how much we liked to hike and how we "made" the kids hike with us!  Sometime, ask them about the "famous" hike we took them all on at Bandalier National Monument in New Mexico!  Anyway, now it is fun to hike with the ones who like to hike and do other activities with the ones who don't! After the hike, the four of us went to Southern Sun brewery in south Boulder to have a beer and talk some more ~~ About Pearl, Colorado!


After spending the afternoon with Stefan and Rachael, we headed to Broomfield to spend the rest of the day with Ryan, Kari, Coranelle and Sheldon.  Kari and I went and picked up a friend and we headed to the Broomfield Rec center for a fun hour of Zumba!  The rest of the evening was spent playing and reading and listening to two very talkative and FUN grandchildren!  And the highlight of the night for Steve was rocking Sheldon to sleep!  He loves that! 

Today was off to work in Estes Park.  We truly loved the fact that it was a bank holiday ~  MLK day!  We always get so much done at work when the bank is closed!  I guess everyone assumes we are taking the day off, too!




I am off  to go shovel the inch of snow that has fallen since we drove home from work!  Happy January!

No comments:

Post a Comment