Thursday, April 16, 2020

Back Home in Buena Vista, Colorado

Hi all,























Steve & I arrived home on Easter Sunday.  We loved our time in Arizona, but decided it was time to come home.  It took us a couple of days to unpack the trailer and the truck.  We had spent quite a few months in our 200 square foot Arctic Fox.  Although our Buena Vista home isn't large, we still felt like we came home to a "mansion".  We are very happy to be home.  It is very easy to stay socially distanced here.  We have seen a few of the neighbors, but only from a distance.  We take our daily walk and we have been trying to do yoga here at home. 

Steve is working on a special project for granddaughter, Louisa.  He is building a Pikler Triangle for her.  Louisa's mom, Rachael, is a Montessori school teacher.  If you want to know more about the triangle, you can ask us more about it.  After he finishes this project, he is going to build a greenhouse that we can use to grow warm-weather crops.  We have discovered (after 3 Summers of gardening) that we need a longer/hotter growing season for tomatoes, peppers, beans, etc.  I am really excited!  I love that Steve loves to work on projects.  They keep him busy.  He is NEVER bored!  For those of you who never knew me in the '70s and early '80s, I feel like I have come full circle.  I lived in Durango, CO for ten years (before Steve) and we had ten acres. Yes, I was quite the hippie!  We had a HUGE garden, raised many animals, and were pretty self-sufficient.  I love gardening, growing flowers, feeding the birds.  

Enough writing~  I will post some photos since we have come home.  We hope you are all well.  Stay home and stay healthy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment